“Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.”
– Former President Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Questions on your voter registration or how to vote for the November election? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2020 Census will determine congressional representation, inform hundreds of billions in federal funding every year, and provide data that will impact communities for the next decade. This funding impacts our community, school lunches, plans for highways, and support for families in need. Make sure you’re counted in the 2020 census.
Local Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in getting involved in your community? These are some incredible partner organizations and nonprofits in our backyard who are doing amazing work.
- Mutual Aid Network– Responds to the needs of the community and partner organizations. To learn more, click here! For questions, please email email@example.com.
- Washington Legal Clinic– A voice for housing justice!
- Serve Your City– Serve Your City strives to engage and motivate underserved D.C. students through inspiring programming across a range of academic, community engagement, and athletic activities.
- People for Fairness Coalition– A strong advocacy organization in NoMa fighting for the homeless.
- DC Central Kitchen– DC Central Kitchen develops and operates social ventures that break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
- Martha’s Table– They support strong children, families, and communities by increasing access to quality education, health and wellness, and family resources.
Local Political Volunteer Opportunities
- Ward 5 Democrats and Ward 6 Democrats– Foster and encourage political activity among residents, constructively improve the quality of life of the District of Columbia residents and improve the communities in which they live, and contribute to the growth and influence of the Democratic Party.
- Interested in campaigning for local candidates? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to connect you with phone banking, text banking, or fundraising opportunities.